- Pleasure Rider Program Description
- Pleasure Rider Program for Regional Clubs Description
- Freedom Ride -- Pleasure Rider Recognition
- Special Events -- Particpant Recognition
- Annual Awards
- Pleasure Rider Program Scoreboard
Pleasure Rider Program Forms
Mail completed logs by US or electronic mail to:
250 S. Horace Street
Woodbury, NJ 08096
Important Notes: All hours and events must be logged on the forms provided. Any other formats will not be accepted. Logs must be legible and submitted on time for the hours to count. Logs are due quarterly on April 10th, July 10th, October 10th, and January 10th. These deadlines allow 10 days after each quarter for the logs to be completed and delivered to the Plesure Rider Program Chair.
As a one-time exception, the first quarter hours and events for 2012 will be accepted until July 10th.
Pleasure Rider Program Description
The USIHC Pleasure Rider Program rewards members for doing what most of us are already doing with our horses: pleasure riding! It's also a great reason to get together with other Icelandic horse enthusiasts and promote the Icelandic Horse. The more you do, the more points you earn. What could be better than winning prizes for having fun with your horse!
To be eligible to particpate in the program:
- Your USIHC membership dues have been paid for the participating year. Hours can only be counted while your membership is active.
- Participating horses have been registered with the USIHC. You do not need to own the horse(s).
There is no cost to partipate in the Pleasure Rider Program!
Members "compete" against each other within their group, determined by age -- adult or junior/youth. The adult PRP mebers are divided into three regions: Western (Pacific time zone), Central/Mountain (Central and Mountain zones combined) and Eastern. Yearly prizes are awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd-place members in each group. Adults who have won the yearly Gold Medal and jacket twice advance to the All-Star Division. (The first place All-Star receives a pair of stirrups and a t-shirt. Second and third place All-Stars receive a t-shirt. Prizes courtesy of Eileen Gunipero and Flying C Ranch Tack Shop.)
The program operates completely on the honor system. Only U.S.-based time and activities are eligible. Time, events and activities for which you are paid are not eligible.
There are two ways to log points in the PRP: through the Freedom Ride Time Log and the Special Events Log .
Freedom Ride Pleasure Rider Recognition
- Record your time spent riding, driving, ground driving or ground training a USIHC-registered horse.
- Record time in 1-hour increments by date and location.
- Freedom Ride hours accumulate from year to year. Once you've logged 100, 500 or 1,000 hours, we'll send you a recognition patch. Once you've logged 1,000 hours, in addition to the patch, you will win a riding vest! 2,500 hour riders will receive a complete bridle (headstall, Icelandic flash, and non-slip reins) plus a t-shirt from Flying C Ranch Tack Shop.
- Each hour logged = 1 point toward your total PRP points for the year.
Freedom Ride patches are given to riders logging 100 hours, 500 hours and 1,000 hours.
Special Events Participant Recognition
|Actively participating in seminars, clinics, evaluations and workshops involving riding, driving, or training horses.||10 points per day|
|Auditing seminars, clinics, evaluations and workshops involving riding, driving, or training horses.||5 points per day|
|Riding or driving in a group pleasure ride (minimum 5 riders), endurance ride, hunter pace, or trail trial.||10 points per day|
|Riding or driving in a parade or demonstration.||10 points per day|
|Planning or hosting any of the above.||5 points each event.|
Hours spent participating in Special Events can be logged on the Freedom Ride Log.
Sanctioned or schooling horse shows are not eligible as Special Events, but you can log your show hours on the Freedom Ride Log.
Members with the highest total combined Freedom Ride hours plus Special Event points win annual awards!
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place|
USIHC Riding Jacket
|Proud Sponsor of the Pleasure Rider Program:|